Dear Fellow Rotarians,
We have just started our second quarter. In our club assembly in first quarter we made some decisions to change our frequency of the meetings and from second quarter we will meet 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month, hopefully by this change we will be able to attract some young and professionals who works in Mississauga City Centre. Also our cost is reduced and it becomes more manageable and affordable by young and professionals.
I would like to encourage you all to promote our club and invite young and professionals from City Centre and elsewhere to attend our meetings. First meeting for our guest is always on us and after that if they like they can come and just pay the lunch cost and that will show their commitment and seriousness to join our club.
I would like to invite your attention for the video above, which shows how Rotary works and provide funding to the causes around the globe.
Who we are? What is Rotary? What we do? How it works? How you can be part of Rotary? And what Rotary can do for you?
• We are neighbors, community leaders, and global citizens uniting for the common good. With you, we can accomplish even more.
• Connect with leaders from all continents, cultures, and occupations.
• The heart of Rotary is our clubs—dedicated people who share a passion for both community service and friendship.
• Whether you're a student or starting your career, there are many ways Rotary can help you become a better leader.
• Expand your network-and your worldview.
• Rotary brings together great minds from nearly everywhere in the world.
• From college scholarships to our renowned Peace Fellowships, Rotary supports the educational aspirations of thousands of future leaders.
• Explore the world through our global network.
• Help us create lasting change in communities around the world.
• We're committed to taking on some of the world's most pressing challenges.
• Change your community with us by volunteering on a local project.
• We work with groups of all sizes to accomplish even more.
• We are 1.2 million neighbors, friends, and community leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world.
• Our differing occupations, cultures, and countries give us a unique perspective. Our shared passion for service helps us accomplish the remarkable.
• Our distinct point of view and approach gives us unique advantages
• We see differently: Our multidisciplinary perspective helps us see challenges in unique ways.
• We think differently: We apply leadership and expertise to social issues—and find unique solutions.
• We act responsibly: Our passion and perseverance create lasting change.
• We make a difference at home and around the world: Our members can be found in your community and across the globe.
• Our impact starts with our members—people who work tirelessly with their clubs to solve some of our communities' toughest challenges. Their efforts are supported by Rotary International, our member association, and The Rotary Foundation, which turns generous donations into grants that fund the work of our members and partners around the world. Rotary is led by our members—responsible leaders who help to carry forward our organization's mission and values in their elected roles.
• We've been making history and bringing our world closer together for over 100 years. Since forming in 1905, we've taken on some of the world's toughest challenges and helped a wide range of international and service organizations—from the UN to Easter Seals—get started.
• Responsible leadership means more than just doing good work—it means making the most out of every donation we receive.
• We have identified specific causes to target to maximize our local and global impact. At the same time, we understand that each community has its own unique needs and concerns. Through our network of resources and partners, we help clubs focus their service efforts in promoting peace, fighting disease, providing clean water, saving mothers and children, supporting education, and growing local economies.
Hashim Reza Taqvi
Rotary Club of Mississauga – City Centre